Hoodwinked Discussion Week 2
November 25th, 2015 by Candace Cameron Bure / Giveaway Guest Post Parenting
UPDATE: The winner of the Amazon card is Susan Foster! Please send your home address, along with what you won, to Sheila at email@example.com Congrats!
Happy Thanksgiving week everyone!
Before you pop the pumpkin pie in the oven or stuff that turkey, join in on our discussion of chapters 4-6 of Hoodwinked: Ten Myths Moms Believe and Why We All Need to Knock It Off
Feel free to answer as many—or as few—questions as you wish. And remember, we will also be holding a Blab session with Hoodwinked authors Karen Ehman and Ruth Schwenk today (Wednesday) at 9:30 am EST. To join us, follow this link.
GIVEAWAY: This week’s prize is a $50 Amazon gift card for you to buy yourself something for Christmas!!!
In order to be entered, simply answer at least one of the questions on this post. Winner announced Friday.
Ok…..let the discussion begin! Be sure to put the question number in front of your answer.
Chapter 4 Questions:
- Instead of people asking, “are you just a mom?” How do you wish our society would acknowledge the position of motherhood?
- Ruth mentions an author that says many moms feel a “loss of self, the terrifying reality that their lives had been subsumed into the needs of their child.” What do you think about this? The Bible says “Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.”(John 15:13) How do you process this verse and balance it with all that was talked about in this chapter?
- While considering Moses’ mother, think about your life. What have youhad to let go of in faith because of God’s leading?
Chapter 5 Questions:
- Do you tend to overvalue motherhood or undervalue motherhood? How has this affected your relationship with the Lord?
- Karen talked about some of the challenges she faced during pregnancy. What were some of your pregnancy challenges and how did God use that time to grow you or, if you became a mom through adoption, what are some struggles you faced in the adoption process?
- Have you ever secretly wished you could run away? When you experience feelings of wanting to run away, what scriptures do you use to renew your mind? What truth do you hold onto when you are depressed, overwhelmed, or frustrated as a mom?
Chapter 6 Questions:
- We’ve all experienced the temptation to be a one-woman band, carrying around a bunch of instruments, talents and tasks. What do you think is at the heart of us wanting to be and do so much?
- What’s something you are doing right now that you don’t even feel God’s conviction to do, but you’re doing because a “super-mom” would do this and you feel you should? Are you willing to let it go?
- How do you practice rest in the consistent rhythm of your household? What scriptures do you focus on to quiet your anxious thoughts?
Dancing Through Life: Steps of Courage and Conviction
Available on August 1, 2015. Join Candace as she reflects on the self-discovery that came through leaping out of her comfort zone.